Do you not want macOS Catalina anymore? You need to do a single extra step for it. You need to get a bootable clone of macOS Mojave. Well, downgrading from MacOS Catalina is possible, just follow the guidelines mentioned below.
Step 1: Format the external drive for a Mac device
- Firstly, you need to plug-in the USB cable to the Mac device.
- Then, press on the Finder in the Dock.
- After that, choose Applications from the list. It will be located on the left-hand part of the window.
- Next, move downwards.
- Then, you need to double-click on Utility.
- After that, move downwards.
- Next, do a double click on Disk Utility.
- Then, choose the drive under External.
- After that, press on the Erase option. It will be placed in the upper part.
- Next, see the name of the external hard drive. You will require it. Note that if you have the same name of the external hard drive called ‘Untitled,’ then you require changing the name.
- Remember that if the device having HFS+, Choose Mac operating system Extended (Journaled). It will be located in the format list. Whereas, if the Mac device has APFS, choose APFS.
- Note that if Scheme is present, choose GUID Partition Map.
- Next, tap on Erase.
- After that, tap on Done whenever the procedure gets over.
- Lastly, you need to exit from the Disk Utility window. So close it.
Step 2: Setting the external drive as bootable for getting macOS Mojave
- Firstly, tap on the Finder in the Dock.
- Then, choose Applications from the given list. It will be located on the left-hand part of the window.
- After that, move downwards.
- Next, do a double-click on Utilities.
- Then, move downwards.
- After that, you need to do double-click on Terminal.
- Next, remember the name of the formatted external drive whenever writing the text in the Terminal. If it does not have a heading as ‘Untitled,’ you require changing the command for the pathname, which is written as Volume/Untitled.
- Then, write the given order in the Terminal.
- ‘’sudo/Applications/Install\macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia –volume /Volumes/Untitled’’
- After that, tap on the enter/return button.
- Next, write the administrator account password.
- Then, write Y for giving confirmation.
- Lastly, tap on return.
Step 3: Using macOS Mojave like an installer boot drive
- Firstly, switch off the system you wish to get macOS Mojave with the bootable drive.
- Next, do have your external drive connected to the device by the USB port.
- After that, switch on the device of Mac.
- Next, tap on the Options button whenever you get the sound.
- Lastly, choose the external drive with macOS Mojave on it. It will be located in the list of devices for starting the Mac device.
I am a Mark Davis web developer, student, and software engineer currently living in Oklahoma. My interests range from technology to design. I am also interested in music. You can click the button below to read my blog mcafee.com/activate.
本文採用 創用 CC 姓名標示-相同方式分享 4.0 國際 授權條款授權.